Role: USA IBC Dance School Counselor
Reports to: Dance School Administrator
Location and Dates:
The 2023 USA IBC Dance School will take place on the Belhaven University Campus in Jackson, Mississippi. Counselors will stay in the Lakeview Residence Hall.
Thursday, June 8, 2023
Counselor arrival by 12:00 PM, move in, and orientation
Friday, June 9, 2023
Student arrival by 4:00 PM, move in, and orientation
Saturday, June 10 – Friday, June 23, 2023
USA IBC Dance School
Friday June 23, 2023
Student departure before 12:00 PM
Counselor departure in the afternoon or evening
- Foster a positive environment in the residence halls and promote a fun upbeat experience for the students in attendance
- Assist with student check in, orientation, and check out
- Report to the Dance School Administrator and communicate student needs as they arise
- Receive and apply constructive feedback
- Apply strong communication, organization, and relationship skills to solve student problems
- Know and enforce Belhaven University rules and USA IBC Dance School policy
- Sit with assigned group of students on the bus to events and performances and in the theatre
- Monitor Dance School classes
- Stay back from classes and/or activities with sick students when on duty
- Facilitate ancillary events during the weekend and evenings and on the hall with their individual group
- Communicate with parents via phone as necessary during the course of the dance school
- Additional responsibilities as assigned by the Dance School Administrator
USA IBC Dance School Counselor is a volunteer position. Counselors will be provided a single room in the Gillespie or Caldwell Residence Halls and 3 meals a day.
In addition, Counselors will be permitted to take one dance school class a day when off duty and provided tickets to USA IBC Competitor performances.
Note: All Counselor class attendance must be approved by the Dance School Administrator 24 hours in advance.