Consent for medical treatment, liability release,
and rules agreement:
I/We hereby give my permission to the USA IBC Dance School personnel, chaperones, and USA IBC staff to authorize any emergency medical treatment, anesthetics, and/or operations that may be required by the applicant during the IBC Dance School from June 9-24, 2023. I understand that I am responsible for any and all payments as a result of such care or medical treatment. I/We hereby release the USA IBC Dance School and Belhaven University, their agents, employees, and volunteer assistants, from any liability whatsoever arising out of any injury, damage, or loss which may be sustained by the student during the dance school.
During the USA IBC Dance School, students will participate in special weekend activities. These activities may include excursions to locations off campus from Belhaven. I hereby give permission to the USA IBC Dance School to take the student to off campus locations. I hereby release the USA IBC Dance School, and their agents, employees, and volunteer assistants, from any liability whatsoever arising out of any injury, damage, or loss which may be sustained by the student during these activities.
I/We grant to USA International Ballet Competition (USA IBC), its representatives and employees the right to take photographs of my child in connection with the USA IBC Dance School. I authorize USA IBC, its assigns and transferees to copyright, use and publish the same in print and/or electronically. I agree that such photographs of my child may be used without my name and for any lawful purpose, including for example such purposes as USA IBC Dance School promotion and web content.
Student Rules Agreement:
All students are expected to abide by the policies of the USA IBC Dance School in addition to all rules set forth by Belhaven University. Please read the rules below and select ‘I agree’ from the drop-down menu.
- I have read and agree to all rules outlined in the USA IBC Dance School handbook.
- I will work to prepare my body for the significant physical demands of this school.
- I realize there will be people from many backgrounds attending this school and I will show respect for all.
- I understand that the teachers and staff are in a place of authority for my benefit and protection, and I will honor their leadership while attending this school.
- Drugs, alcohol, and smoking are strictly prohibited.
- Inappropriate or offensive use of technology (computers, phones, cameras, social media, etc.) is prohibited. Bullying or harassment of any kind will not be tolerated. Additionally, phones must be turned off and put away during all classes and evening performances.
- Profanity (obscene, disrespectful, or discriminatory language) and vandalism of any kind will not be tolerated.
- I understand that I may be sent home if I do not follow the rules of the USA IBC Dance School or Belhaven University.
- All prescription medications will be given to my counselor at the beginning of the dance school and will be administered daily by said counselor (applicable to all students under 18 years of age).
- I will behave in a respectful manner at the USA IBC evening performances per counselor instructions and in accordance with appropriate theater etiquette.
- Class level placement during the dance school is determined at the discretion of USA IBC Dance School faculty and is FINAL. All students will have the opportunity to take class from each faculty member. I agree to accept my placement level and put forth my best effort in class.
- If my contact information (mailing address, phone number, or email) changes in any way before June 9, 2023 I will notify the USA IBC Dance School administrator via email at email@example.com
- I will complete a transportation form and return to the Dance School administrator via email at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than May 5, 2023.
By signing this electronically, I agree with the policies, terms, and conditions set by the USA International Ballet Competition.