Use this calendar as a reminder of what is expected of applicants in the months leading up to the 2018 USA IBC. The dates below may change slightly, so please continue to check Compete and our Facebook page.
|October 2, 2017 – Competitor Application: Part I
Classical Repertoire, 2018 Rules and Regulations, and Round I requisite classical practice music available for download at Compete
NOTE: the online application form must be completed before music can be accessed for download.
|January 8, 2018 – DEADLINE: Competitor Application: Part 1
1. Complete Online Application Form
2. $100 Application Fee
3. Copy of Passport
4. One portrait headshot (in color)
5. Completed Non-Competing Partner application, $100 application fee, copy of passport, and headshot (if applicable).
|February 5, 2018 – DEADLINE: Video Application Due
A video application in practice clothes performing two variations for soloists and one pas de deux for couples from the Round I Classical Repertoire.
|March 1-4, 2018 – 2018 Selection Committee will meet and determine which applicants will be invited to compete in the 2018 USA IBC.|
|March 12, 2018 – Applicants will be notified via email of the Selection Committee’s decision. Applicants who are invited to compete will receive additional information shortly after receiving email notification.|
|DEADLINE: April 23, 2018
1. Competitors submit flight information to the Participant Coordinator. 2. Coaches who are planning to travel to Jackson for the competition must submit a Coach Application form, headshot and copy of passport.
DEADLINE: April 23, 2018 – Competitor Application: Part III
1. Program to be performed (ALL ROUNDS)
2. Contemporary Music and Choreography permissions for Rounds II and III
3. MP3 audio file of Round II and III contemporary music sent to USA IBC
4. Signed medical release form
5. Roommate request
6. PR Profile
Note: ALL OF THE ABOVE WILL BE PROVIDED TO COMPETITORS SHORTLY AFTER RECEIVING INVITATION TO COMPETE
|June 6, 2018
Competitors arrive in Jackson, MS.
|June 7, 2018
Studio Rehearsals begin.
|June 8, 2018
Tech Rehearsals for Round I begin
|June 9, 2018
Studio and Tech Rehearsals continue
|June 10, 2018
2018 Opening Ceremony
|June 11-14, 2018
Round I Performances (Classical Round)
|June 15, 2018
NO IBC PERFORMANCE
|June 16-17, 2018
Round II Performances (Contemporary Round)
|June 18, 2018
NO IBC PERFORMANCE
|June 19-21, 2018
Round III Performances (Classical & Contemporary Round)
|June 22, 2018
|June 23, 2018
|June 24, 2018
Competitors depart Jackson, MS