The 2023 USA IBC Competitor Application has two parts. Applicants and non-competing partners are required to complete Application Part I. A confirmation email will be sent after submission of Application Part I that contains a password for access to requisite music, video instructions, and instructions for application video upload.
Application Part I: AVAILABLE OCTOBER 3, 2022
SUBMISSION DEADLINE: January 16, 2023
$100 per competitor
$100 per non-competing partner
- PHOTOGRAPH: Upload 1 high resolution (300 dpi), color, headshot photo. No smaller than 5”x7” (13 x 18 cm).
- FORMS: Electronically signed release and applicant agreement (included in Application Part 1).
- Application Part 1, asks for competitor division, contact information, dance background information, video audition repertoire selections, and application fee.
- Application Part 1, may be started and completed at a later time. All saved entries will be available for 30 days.
Application Part II (VIDEO) – AVAILABLE UPON COMPLETION OF PART I
SUBMISSION DEADLINE: February 16, 2023
Follow the video instructions and submit the application video using the instructions.
Lost your Video Upload email? Email Sara Berry-Lee at email@example.com
- SOLOISTS: Submit two variations from Round I, Classical Repertoire.
- COUPLES: Submit one pas de deux from the Round I, Classical Repertoire (must perform entrée, male and female variations, and coda).
- Women- must wear pink tights that cover the entire leg and foot, pointe shoes, and a leotard in a contrasting color from the background of studio. No costumes, skirts, or practice tutus may be worn.
- Men – must wear black or white tights covering the entire leg and foot, ballet shoes, and solid color shirt in a contrasting color from the background of the studio.
- FILMING INSTRUCTIONS:
- The dancer should be shot directly from the center, with full body kept in view and in close range. No filming at angles.
- Videos with edits or cuts will NOT be accepted.
- Videos of live performances will NOT be accepted.
- A replacement partner is allowed for this video if your competition partner is not available.
- Dancers MUST use 2023 USA IBC Round I Music when filming.
- Applicants can download Round I tracks from Dropbox using the link received in the email upon submission of Application Part I.
- Any form of music alternations is forbidden.
- Video submissions will be rejected if the above video guidelines are not met.
Application Part III – AVAILABLE UPON ACCEPTANCE
SUBMISSION DEADLINE: April 12, 2023
- PASSPORT: Must be valid for at least six months after you return home (Expiration: December 25, 2023) and have two or more blank pages.